What’s Your Bright Idea? Make it happen with MSEA’s New Members-Only Grant
Do you have a great idea for how to get your colleagues excited about the issues that matter to you, Carroll County Education Association, and your profession? It’s time to make it happen with an MSEA Innovative Engagement and Organizing (IEO) Grant. Now in its third year of existence, IEO Grants can fund the development of your great idea—the average grant will be about $5,000—and help you put it into action. Last year’s nine successful grantees ranged from Washington to Wicomico counties and came from urban, suburban, and rural locals.
“We’re looking for thoughtful, fun, exciting, and unique ideas that will get us all thinking about fresh ways of organizing and advocacy,” said MSEA President Betty Weller. “I’m excited to see your great ideas and how they can help move our association forward!”
Here are the basics:
- Visit marylandeducators.org/IEOGrant to learn more about the grant, the application process, and last year’s successful grantees.
- Download, complete, and submit the grant application form.
- Meet the deadline of June 17 for your application to be reviewed.
- Grants will be reviewed by MSEA’s Strategic Planning Task Force, a diverse group of members and staff working to bring relevant, member-focused innovation to MSEA’s organizing and advocacy goals.
- Grantees will be notified August 1 and awards will be dispersed September 16.